Call to action (CTA) blocks are designed to provoke an immediate response or trigger the desired action from your website visitor. You can turn any button in blocks into calls to action but better yet, you can use a specifically designed Call to action block. It delivers your strong message to the visitor in a highly visual way, so they cannot resist but click on your offer!
Adding a Call to action block
Here’s how to add a Call to action block:
- Choose a location where you want to add a call to action and click on the Add Block + button.
- In the Block library, navigate to the Call to action section and click on a block that fits your website strategy.
- Click on the block and it will be automatically inserted into the page.
Customizing block settings
You have several options to make the Call to action block truly yours. To activate the control panel, click anywhere on the block and then click the Block Settings icon:
In the Layout section, you can fully switch the block layout or hide some of the block elements. To fully switch the block layout, simply click the respective button and select a new block content layout:
To hide a specific block element (for example, if you want to remove a button), remove the blue tick next to its name.
In the Appearance tab, you can make the following changes:
- Block style: Change the color scheme of the block.
- Block spacing: Change the whitespaces on the top and bottom of the block.
- Horizontal alignment: choose the horizontal content alignment in this block.
- Background settings: add a black and white filter to the background image or add an overlay.
Once you are done customizing block settings, click Save.
Editing Call to action button
You can edit the text in the button by hovering over it and starting to type your own text on top of the button. For more information on editing buttons, visit this tutorial:
Adding more Call to action blocks
If you would like to feature more offers on the page, you can easily duplicate the block. To do that, hover over any block element you want to duplicate and click on the Duplicate icon.
The identical block element will be inserted below the original block.
Creating a sale or promotion banner
To quickly create a promotional content block, use Call to action block. This allows you to quickly draw attention to your sale, event, promotion, or another action. You don't even need to use external image editing software. Here's how to add a responsive banner area to your page:
1. In the Blocks Library, choose Call to action block with one or two buttons and image background.
3. Customize the block title and subtitle with the information about your sale or promotion. For maximum impact, consider disabling block subtitles in Block Settings.
4. Customize the block background with a promotional image.
5. Click Publish to make your banner live.